Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Now that I have reached forty posts I wondered if anyone was following on a regular basis. I know of one, but I ask myself is there anyone else? So I have placed “following widget” in the right hand column to let me know if anyone finds this site worthwhile.
As I said in the blog’s header I am not much of a writer, so I hope the images do most of the talking for me. The entire reason for this blog is to expose and share the amount of resources in The Lower Red Clay Valley along with sharing some older pictures I have come a crossed.

I have recently added a stand alone page related to flooding on the Red Clay. Since the high water of the creek disrupts so many people’s lives and homes I thought it deserved a special place of it’s own on this site.

If anyone has old photos, etc. and would like to share them, please send them along. You can do so by clicking on the contact button and attaching them to the email. Also, if you do not feel comfortable leaving a comment you can also send email via the contact button.

Thank you

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been a reader of your blog for a few months now. I found it through a link from Scott's Millcreek Hundred Blog. I grew up on Milltown Rd. so really enjoy the pictures of all ther places I remember from living in the area.

PS - Follower widget did not seem to be working.

LRCV said...

That is good to know. I figured anyone who looks would be from Scotts site. I am glad you like the older photos. I also enjoy finding them. It makes me feel like I am uncovering something. So, I will continue to post older images as well current ones as they arise. For instance...The Ball Cottage at Ferris Ind. School.
It is scheduled for demolition so I stopped and took some photos. It sits a little outside my self proclaimed Lower Red Clay Valley boundries but thought I needed to take some pictures before it is gone.

Thanks Again

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the local history! My wife and I grew up in Stanton. Her family had a lot of historical pictures and documents - some of which recently got posted on the Mill Creek Hundred blog. It's nice to be able to share with others who appreciate it. KC.

LRCV said...

Thanks for viewing and your input. The area I am trying to focus on does have alot of history.With the first mill located in Stanton in the 1670's shows how far the area goes back. Scott has good site. He uses photos and text which he is good at. I try to show the Lower Red Clay Valley in photos and documents. If you would like to share some early documents please send along. I will post and give you credit.
Thanks Again.