Friday, March 2, 2012

Here Today and Gone Tomorrow.

I was out on Tuesday of this week and a crew clearing trees from in front of 3419 Old Capitol Trail got my curiosity up as to the reason why, so I stopped and talked with the owner. They told me they were going to put a fence up and then proceeded to tell me they were having the house torn down. On Wednesday, even though it was raining, I was able to take pictures of the house from my car. I wanted some photos soon as possible in case it was torn down before I could get back. The following day I returned after dinner and the house was gone. Today I stopped by and was able get some photos of the barn before it was razed. By lunch today it was also gone.
During my conversation with the owner on Tuesday I was told how her Father moved there when he was 4 years old and she was born in the house. They had raised livestock on the property and at the time Old Capitol Trail was still dirt. The intersection of Rt41 and Old Capitol Trail had no red light and an old rickety gas station was on the corner.








No comments: